Meet Dr. David Scaffidi, Your New Orleans Orthodontist
Dr. David Scaffidi is passionate about orthodontics because he has seen how significant of a difference a straight smile has on a patient's self-esteem and quality of life. Dr. Scaffidi earned his Bachelor of Science in civil engineering in 1991 before returning to school to pursue a Doctorate of Dental Surgery for the Louisiana State University Dental School. He then continued his studies at the LSU Dental School Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic specialty program.
Every year he participates in continuing education courses at the local, regional, and national levels. He’s also a member of the Bassett Study Club, a network of 20+ local dentists and oral healthcare specialists. They meet every month to review case studies and share knowledge. Come in for a free consultation and get started with your favorite New Orleans Orthodontist.
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist.
All orthodontists are dentists first, even though not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist., like all orthodontists, has to continue their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Scaffidi has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your New Orleans Orthodontist?
Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treating young children who do not yet need to see an orthodontist. However, specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems.
Seeing a specialist like a New Orleans Orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from
- Having personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concern and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office’s focus area of care.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite discrepancies that need to be addressed.
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
While you may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work completed by a dentist, convenience shouldn’t be a problem, because you will only be stopping by your New Orleans orthodontic office every six to eight weeks.
And don’t let price be a problem either! Scaffidi Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the New Orleans, Slidell & Kenner areas.